Ms. Marvel #002, by Jorge Molina
By all means, fall back. Fall forward. As long as you fall…I don’t really give a damn which direction you go.
Okay, can we talk about this asshole right here? This “useless” asshole. The only human on an all-powered up team of heavy hitters. Let’s see what this idiot has done/can do without his powers:
- Realized that Siryn was missing and then proceeded to save her (alone).
- Knew that Layla was hiding some shit (super paranoia powers).
- Tech expert (has hacked into the FBI and the Avengers' mainframe).
- He thinks ahead (ex: e-mailed Layla the Singularity evidence).
- Defeated Pietro, absorbed the terrigan crystals, and saved Layla (again alone).
- He didn’t fall for Huber’s ploy, held his own against him, and brought the team back from the arctic wasteland.
- He escaped Arcade’s deathtrap and shut down his system.
- He’s not afraid to fight (took on 3 pimps by himself).
- He does disguises and infiltration for the team.
- He’s a sketch artist.
- He had a shoot out with a buttload of government agents.
And that’s just what I could think of off the top of my head. Julio is clever, paranoid, and, most importantly of all, he’s one of the few in X-Factor to have actually adapted to being a detective.
While the others could just continue to rely on their powers, Rictor had to expand his skill set. He is one of, if not the, most useful members on the team. It’s enough to make me wish that he hadn’t gotten his powers back just because I need to hear him say “Yeah I’m human, but I’m the most useful jerk you’ve got on this team, so suck it.”
list of movies: Fantastic Four (2005)"A few days in space. What’s the worst that could happen?"